TurfMutt’s “Paw It Forward” Sweepstakes – where you can enter to win a $250 donation to your favorite animal shelter – is just one way you can help your local shelter.
Here are five things you can donate to your local shelter to help out and “go green” by reusing and recycling all at the same time!
1. Newspapers. Even though it seems simple, shelters need lots of newspaper to keep animal crates clean and dry.
2. Blankets or towels. Many shelter animals come from the streets where it’s cold and hard. A warm blanket or towel can be just the thing to make them feel comfortable until they find their forever family.
3. Placemats. Cloth placemats are a favorite for cats and small dogs. Vinyl placemats can be used under food and water bowls to catch drips.
4. Stuffed animals. If your kids have outgrown their once-favorite stuffed animal, donate it to a shelter so the animals have something soft to snuggle.
5. Time. Perhaps the best gift of all is the gift of time. Consider volunteering at your local shelter for an experience that will be as rewarding for you as it is for the animals!
What other ideas do you have? Share with us in the comments section, and don’t forget to enter the TurfMutt giveaway!